Achievement 101 Institute: ELA
When implemented effectively, the Close Reading for Meaning™ method gives students the tools they need to accurately read, understand, and analyze any text they encounter with passion, confidence, and precision. This institute will teach teachers to build upon a strong foundation of Close Reading for Meaning™ to help their students successfully tackle high-stakes and end-of-year exams, whether on paper or on the computer.
Participants will gain:
- A clear roadmap for what students must master when in order to excel on any ELA exam (and what to do if you fall behind)
- An understanding of how to establish strong systems for monitoring and responding to student data
- Structures for effective test preparation lessons that maximize targeted coaching while building student independence
- A strong understanding of how to design and implement Strategic Coaching Plans geared toward moving groups of students to mastery each week
- Protocols for weekly and daily planning of instruction
- Robust practice and feedback planning and teaching test preparation lessons
- Clear structures and systems for building a highly motivating and positive classroom culture around testing
- Lavinia Group’s latest thinking and resources around preparing students to meet end-of-year benchmarks
WHEN: January 25, 2022
TIMING: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST
WHERE: Zoom Video Conference (This session will take place virtually.)
WHO SHOULD COME: This training is designed for leaders and teachers in Grades 3-8 seeking effective practices for ensuring students meet their goals on the high-stakes exams.
PRICING: $750 per participant