[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22.3″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.7.2″]
Guided Reading for Meaning™ Day 3: Moving Readers to Independence
During this institute, participants will learn best practices for effectively teaching Close Reading for Meaning™ Day 3, the Mastery Day, in the virtual classroom. With an emphasis on building student independence through targeted small group instruction, strategic student coaching, and student work discourse, participants will learn how to leverage technology to facilitate authentic discussions that illuminate and address student misconceptions. This institute will focus on instructional practices for both synchronous and asynchronous models.
Participants will gain:
- A deep understanding of how to plan for and teach Day 3 of the Close Reading for Meaning™ method, the Mastery Day
- Robust opportunities for planning and practice
Structures for teaching targeted, data-driven small group instruction virtually
- Clear and efficient frameworks for studying student work, setting goals, and creating Strategic Coaching
- Plans to rapidly improve student reading and writing in a virtual setting
- Proven methods to Teach for the Future™ in order to rapidly build student independence
- Lavinia Group’s latest thinking and resources on the teaching of Close Reading for Meaning™ and how it works in a virtual setting
WHO SHOULD COME: This training is designed for teachers and leaders in grades 2-8 who teach, or want to teach, the Close Reading for Meaning™ method.
WHEN: January 21st, 2021
TIMING: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST
WHERE: Zoom Video Conference
PRICING: $650 per participant