Achievement 101 Institute: Mathematics
Now more than ever, it’s essential that we monitor student progress to have a precise understanding of where all students are relative to end of year standards. Our Achievement 101 Institute: Mathematics will support teachers and leaders to implement Lavinia Group’s proven methods for rapidly increasing student achievement in math while keeping meaning front and center. Designed for both virtual and hybrid learning environments, participants will learn how to prepare students to use their knowledge of math concepts and multiple strategies to successfully tackle any exam, whether on paper or on the computer, with confidence and precision.
Participants will gain:
- A clear roadmap for what students must master when in order to excel on any math exam (and what to do if you fall behind)
- An understanding of how to establish strong systems for monitoring and responding to student data
- Structures for effective virtual and in-person test preparation lessons that maximize targeted coaching while building student independence
- A strong understanding of how to design and implement Strategic Coaching Plans geared toward moving groups of students to mastery each week
- Protocols for weekly and daily planning of instruction
- Robust practice and feedback planning and teaching virtual test preparation lessons
- Clear structures and systems for building a highly motivating and positive classroom culture around testing
- Lavinia Group’s latest thinking and resources around preparing students to meet end of year standards
WHO SHOULD COME: This interactive training is designed for teachers and leaders in Grades 3-8 who are eager to learn best practices for lifting student achievement while staying focused on conceptual understanding and thinking.
WHEN: January 28, 2021
TIMING: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. EST
WHERE: Zoom Video Conference
PRICING: $650 per participant