Math for Meaning™: Middle School Institute
During this one-day intensive training, participants will be introduced to Lavinia Group’s Math for Meaning™ approach to instruction that has helped our partner schools rapidly increase student achievement and confidence in mathematics. In this interactive session, teachers and leaders in Grades 5-8 will learn practices for facilitating effective math lessons grounded in conceptual understanding. Leveraging context as an inroad for making meaning in mathematics, participants will leave the session with powerful teaching moves that prepare students to develop as flexible, confident mathematicians who have a strong command of grade-level content and beyond!
Participants will gain:
- A clear understanding of Lavinia Group’s approach to teaching critical thinking and problem solving through mathematics
- A vision for what exemplary mathematics instruction looks like in the middle school classroom
- An understanding of how to structure and facilitate student-centered and goal driven lessons
- Methods for planning for and implementing intellectually stimulating math lessons
- Sample lesson plans and lesson planning resources
WHEN: July 30, 2021
TIMING: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST
WHERE: Zoom Video Conference (This session will take place virtually.)
WHO SHOULD COME: Teachers and leaders in Grades 5-8 who are new to Lavinia Group’s approach to Middle School Mathematics Instruction. Participants will be broken out by grade-band to ensure content is practical and highly relevant.
PRICING: $750 per participant[/et_pb_text][et_pb_code _builder_version=”4.7.7″ hover_enabled=”0″ sticky_enabled=”0″][/et_pb_code][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]