Close Reading for Meaning™ 101 Institute
As students return to school after a year of learning disrupted by the pandemic, it is critical teachers use highly effective approaches to mitigate learning loss.
During this one-day, intensive training, participants will learn the Close Reading for Meaning™ method — a method proven to rapidly improve student outcomes in the area of literacy. Incorporating culturally responsive teaching practices, our Close Reading for Meaning approach focuses on using genre as an inroad to support students in making meaning from text, all with an emphasis on joy and precision.
The Close Reading for Meaning™ approach empowers teachers and leaders to give students the tools to distill both the literal and deeper meaning of any text and to use this initial understanding as the anchor for further analysis.
Participants will come away with:
- An understanding of the Close Reading for Meaning™ three-day cycle and how this method will help you rapidly close learning loss gaps in your classroom
- A clear framework for finding the meaning of texts across genres as adult readers through our Main Idea Intensive
- A deep understanding of how to plan for and implement Close Reading for Meaning™ Day 1 with a focus on main idea
- Sample texts and daily lesson resources by grade level
- A deep commitment to putting passion for texts and ideas front and center in the teaching of reading
WHEN: December 7, 2021
TIMING: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST
WHERE: Zoom Video Conference (This session will take place virtually.)
WHO SHOULD COME: This training is designed for leaders and teachers in Grades K-8 who are new to the Close Reading for Meaning™ method.
PRICING: $750 per participant