Close Reading for Meaning™ 301 Institute
During this institute, participants will learn best practices for effectively teaching Close Reading for Meaning™ Day 3, the Mastery Day. With an emphasis on building student independence through targeted small group instruction, strategic student coaching, and student work discourse, participants will learn how to facilitate authentic discussions that illuminate and address student misconceptions.
Participants will gain:
- A deep understanding of how to plan for and teach Day 3 of the Close Reading for Meaning™ method, the Mastery Day
- Robust opportunities for planning and practice
- ™Structures for teaching targeted, data-driven small group instruction
- Clear and efficient frameworks for studying student work, setting goals, and creating Strategic Coaching Plans to rapidly improve student reading and writing
- Proven methods for Teaching for the Future™ in order to rapidly build student independence
WHEN: December 9, 2021
TIMING: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST
WHERE: Zoom Video Conference (This session will take place virtually.)
WHO SHOULD COME: This training is designed for leaders and teachers in Grades K-8 who are eager to deepen their knowledge of the Close Reading for Meaning™ method.
PRICING: $750 per participant