[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22.3″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.4.5″]
Close Reading for Meaning 101
During this one-day training intensive, participants will learn the Close Reading for Meaning method that has helped our partner schools to rapidly improve student outcomes in the area of literacy. By using genre as an inroad and putting the emphasis squarely on developing evidence-based ideas, the Close Reading for Meaning approach empowers teachers and leaders to give students the tools to distill both the literal and deeper meaning of any text and to use this initial understanding as the anchor for further analysis.
Participants will come away with:
- A clear framework for finding the meaning of texts across genres as adult readers through our Main Idea Intensive
- A clear understanding of the Close Reading for Meaning three-day cycle
- A deep understanding of how to plan for and implement Close Reading for Meaning Day 1 (foundational to everything else)
- Sample texts and daily lesson resources by grade level
- A deep commitment to putting passion for texts and ideas front and center in the teaching of reading
- An understanding of how to teach Close Reading for Meaning in a Remote Learning setting
WHO SHOULD COME: This training is designed for leaders and teachers in Grades K-8 who are brand new to the Close Reading for Meaning method. Please note, this training is a prerequisite for all 201-level Lavinia Group Institutes.
August 13, 2020
TIMING: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET
WHERE: Zoom Video Conference (This session will take place virtually.)
PRICING: $800 per participant
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_code _builder_version=”4.4.5″ hover_enabled=”0″]