[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22.3″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.4.9″ module_alignment=”left” hover_enabled=”0″]
Close Reading 301: Mastery Day
During this training, participants will learn best practices for effectively teaching Close Reading for Meaning Day 3, the Mastery Day, in the virtual classroom. Assuming a strong foundational understanding of Close Reading for Meaning Day 1 and Day 2, this session will focus heavily on building student independence. Participants will learn how to leverage technology to facilitate discussion, study student work, and give meaningful feedback.
Participants will come away with:
- A deep understanding of how to plan for and teach Day 3 of the Close Reading for Meaning Method, the Mastery Day
- Robust opportunities for planning and practice
- Clear and efficient frameworks for studying student work and creating Strategic Coaching Plans to rapidly improve student reading in a virtual setting
- Structures for teaching targeted, data-driven small group instruction virtually
- Proven methods to “teach the reader” (not the text) to rapidly build student independence
- Lavinia Group’s latest thinking and resources on the teaching of Close Reading for Meaning and how it applies in a Virtual Learning setting
WHO SHOULD COME: This training is designed for K-8 leaders and teachers who are ready to take their practice of the Close Reading for Meaning method to the next level.
PREREQUISITE: Close Reading for Meaning 101
WHEN: November 17, 2020
TIMING: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET
PRICING: $800 per participant
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.4.9″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.4.9″][et_pb_code _builder_version=”4.4.9″]