Close Reading for Meaning Instructional Leadership and Management
Excellent implementation of the Close Reading for Meaning method starts with the instructional leader. During this one-day intensive, network and school leaders will learn how to ensure that Close Reading for Meaning runs at a high-level across classrooms, grade-levels and schools. Participants will come away with:
- A clear vision for what exemplary Close Reading for Meaning instruction looks like in the classroom
- A roadmap for student mastery of Close Reading for Meaning broken into cycles of instruction throughout the school-year
- Structures and systems for leading effective planning meetings while building teacher capacity to do so independently
- Efficient systems for using data to drive rapid improvement of teacher practice
- Expertise crafting Strategic Leading Plans that compel proactive rather than reactive leadership
- Clear systems for effectively managing their own time to ensure quality Close Reading for Meaning across classrooms and schools
- Lavinia Group’s latest thinking and resources on the leading of Close Reading for Meaning
WHO SHOULD COME: This training is designed for school leaders, instructional coaches, and network leaders and teachers of grades K-8 who are ready to take their leadership of the Close Reading for Meaning method to the next level.
PREREQUISITE: Close Reading for Meaning 101
*Note: In order to ensure leaders receive robust personal attention and feedback, attendance for this institute is especially limited.
2020-2021 dates coming soon!
TIMING: 9:00am – 3:30pm
WHERE: NY Sessions
Harlem Village Academies West Elementary
74 W. 124th Street
New York, NY 10027
WHERE: DC Sessions
Friendship Community Office
1400 1st Street NW, 3rd Floor
Washington D.C. 20001
PRICING: $900 per participant (includes 1-day institute, all materials, lunch & snacks)
TO REGISTER: Email email@example.com