Guided Reading for Meaning
Now, more than ever, quality Guided Reading is critical for ensuring students maintain the reading growth they’ve made and that they continue to advance as readers. The Guided Reading for Meaning Institute will teach participants how to plan for and teach powerful, effective, Guided Reading lessons in Grades K-8.
Participants will leave knowing how to:
- Plan for Guided Reading lessons that support students to read increasingly challenging books independently while keeping meaning front and center
- Teach transferable phonics and comprehension skills that drive toward fluent and accurate reading
- Efficiently coach individual students for high-leverage, transferable learning during Guided Reading lessons
- Incorporate student-directed discourse into Guided Reading lessons
- Effectively implement Guided Reading best practices in a Remote Learning setting
WHO SHOULD COME: Teachers and leaders in Grades K-8 who are new to the Lavinia Group Guided Reading for Meaning method. Participants will be broken out by grade-band to ensure content is practical and highly relevant.
PREREQUISITE: Close Reading for Meaning 101
August 6, 2020
TIMING: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET
WHERE: Zoom Video Conference (This session will take place virtually.)
PRICING: $800 per participant