Insight Humanities 101
Insight Humanities is our solution for closing the “knowledge gap” while dramatically improving literacy achievement in your school through a project-based integrated reading, writing, and history curriculum. This institute is designed to introduce teachers and leaders in Grades K-5 to the signature elements of Lavinia Group’s Insight Humanities program and to teach participants how to plan for and teach content-driven literacy lessons.
Participants will come away with:
- A deep understanding of the purpose of content-driven literacy instruction and the vision, goals, and structures for Insight Humanities
- A clear understanding of each Insight Humanities core component— content-focused Read Alouds, Reading, Writing, and Project lessons
- A framework for planning project-based learning in a way that values student choice and inspires students’ best work
- Robust practice and feedback planning and teaching Insight Humanities lessons with a focus on facilitating whole-class discussions
- Strategies to effectively adapt and implement Insight Humanities in a Remote Learning setting
WHO SHOULD COME: Teachers and leaders in Grades K-5. Participants will be broken out by grade-band to ensure content is practical and highly relevant.
August 19, 2020
TIMING: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET
WHERE: Zoom Video Conference (This session will take place virtually.)
PRICING: $800 per participant