Last Updated: October 20, 2021
The Lavinia Group (“Lavinia Group,” “we,” “us,” “our”) respects the privacy of visitors to our website, the school districts and schools (“Schools”) who purchase our products and services, the school leaders and teachers who access our products and services through their Schools or sign up to attend our workshops in their own capacity, and others who may be interested in our services (each referred to as “you”).
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect the following information from school leaders, teachers, and those interested in learning more about the Lavinia Group:
- Contact Information: Your name and email address.
- Account/Registration Information: Username and password, school name, grade(s) you teach and/or role at your School.
- General Location Information: City and state where your School is located.
- Payment Information: Debit or credit card details (cardholder name, card number, expiration date, etc.) or other forms of payment to fulfill orders placed for our products and services.
- Online Identifiers: IP address, unique device ID, and other information about your device.
- Internet Activity Information: Browsing history, information on how you interact with our website, and information about the location of your device.
- Other Information You May Choose to Provide: Any content you submit or make available when you use our products and services, including during any workshops that we host.
We may have access to the following personal information about students in the course of providing services to a School:
- Student Contact Information: Student name
- Student Demographic Information: Student age, date of birth, and/or access to special education services.
- Student Records: Student grade level, academic performance data, and other class enrollment information.
We also collect employment-related information if you apply to work with us. When you apply for a job, we collect information you submit as part of your application and resume, which may include your work experience and previous employment, your education, and/or salary expectations. We collect payroll, benefits, and financial information (such as your bank account details, payroll records, tax information) from employees.
Where/How Do We Collect Personal Information?
We collect information about you from:
- You. We receive information directly from individuals who register with the Lavinia Group to gain access to our products and services, for example, to sign up to participate in a workshop, or correspond with us in person or online.
- Schools to which we provide Services. We may also have access to student personal information only as requested by the School, and only for the purposes of performing services on the School’s behalf.
- Service Providers. We work with service providers who collect information on our behalf in order to provide services to us. We only allow our service providers to use your personal information in connection with the services they provide us.
- Data Partners. We work with data partners who provide us with insights and information about consumer behaviors, which we use to evaluate and improve our products, services, marketing and your experience.
- Cookies & Other Technologies on our website.
What are Cookies & Other Technologies?
- Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Tracking Technologies. Web beacons, pixel tags and other “tracking technologies” are small strings of code placed on a web page or in an email or advertisement. These technologies allow your browser to recognize and store certain types of information such as cookies previously set, and the time and date that you viewed the page with the beacon and a description of that page.
Can You Opt Out? Visit our section on your privacy choices for more information on how to opt out from tracking technologies.
How Do We Use Your Information?
To Contact You
- To send email updates to individuals who are on our mailing list
- To advertise and market our products to Schools, school leaders, teachers, and those interested in learning more about the Lavinia Group
- To respond to your requests or answer your questions
To Provide the Products and Services
- To provide you with the products and services requested
To Analyze and Improve the Products and Services
- To analyze, operate and improve our products and services
- To understand your interactions with our products and services
- To understand the kinds of visitors we see on our website and how those visitors use our website
- To operate and improve our website, products or services and to foster a positive user experience
Security and Fraud Prevention
- To enforce our legal rights or comply with the law
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and comply with applicable law
- We may use your information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, provided we have obtained the required consent
We may use de-identified or aggregate data, including student information, for purposes allowed under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. §1232g) and other applicable laws, including to measure and demonstrate the effectiveness of our products and services and to market our services to prospective customers.
With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
- Service Providers. We engage Service Providers to provide services such as advertising, marketing, sending email to customers and others on our behalf, and providing analytics/insights about how visitors interact with our Website. We may share any information we collect about you with these Service Providers and authorize them to collect information from you directly to support the services they provide to us. We do not authorize our Service Providers to share your information with any other third parties.
- Legal Compliance, Business Transfers, and Other Disclosures. We disclose information about users of our products and services when we believe the law requires it, for example, to respond to compulsory process or law enforcement requests, or protect the rights, property or safety of users of our products and services, the public, the Lavinia Group, Service Providers, Data Partners, or any third party. Over time, we may reorganize or transfer various assets and lines of business. We reserve the right to disclose or transfer any information we collect to third parties in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, foreclosure, liquidation, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of the Lavinia Group.
How Can You Control Our Use of Your Information?
- Access and Control of Personal Information: School employees are able to access and update their own personal information and the personal information of the students for whom they are responsible at any time, either through their Lavinia Group user account or by contacting us at email@example.com. The parents of a student can obtain access — through their child’s School — to information concerning their child that has been made available to us. To do so, the parent should follow the school’s procedures for access under FERPA.
- Marketing Communications. You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our newsletter or other promotional emails, use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message. However, If you or a School that employs you are using our products or Services, you may still receive email communications about those Services.
- Opting Out of Cookies and Other Technologies. We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Information collected by Google Analytics cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America in accordance with its privacy practices. To see and overview of privacy at Google and how this applies to Google Analytics, visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You may opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- You may disable cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to disable all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site. In addition, if you use other browsers or devices, you will have to opt out of cookies on each of them.
- Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete previously collected cookies from your browser. You will need to do this separately within your browser. If you have disabled one or more analytical cookies, we may still use information we collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set.
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in your message that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
Additional Privacy Information
- Security, Retention and Storage of Information. We use commercially reasonable procedures to protect the information that we collect. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
- Compliance with FERPA. Our Services comply with all applicable provisions of FERPA. We, as a service provider, receive student data from Schools who are educational institutions acting as school officials under FERPA and only process student data for educational purposes. In the event we receive a subpoena or judicial order for the disclosure of education records, we will notify the associated institutional customers prior to fulfilling the request in accordance with FERPA. For additional information on FERPA, please visit the U.S. Department of Education's Privacy Technical Assistance Center.
- Children’s Privacy. This website is not intended for children. We do not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to provide us with any personal information online. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any personal information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. If you are under 13, please do not register for our sites or provide us with any personal information (such as your name, email address or phone number).
- Location of Your Data. We are a U.S. company and your personal information will be transferred to, processed, stored and accessed by us, our affiliates and Service Providers in the United States and in other jurisdictions where we or they operate, which may not provide you with the same level of privacy protection as you are entitled to in your jurisdiction.
How To Contact Us
PO Box 1319
Sag Harbor, NY 11693